Partner Visums
Initiate Immigration South Africa - Partner Visums
Partners and spouses of South African nationals or permanent residents of people can fairly easily obtain a temporary residence permit.
The conditions required to apply for this type of visa is dependent on proof of that partners live together and that the partner is financial, emotional, medical and physically supported by their partner The crucial factor determining failure or success is whether the applicants can without a doubt prove the credibility and validity of their relationship under scrutiny.
if you are a married couple then you must be able to prove that your marriage has been in existence for a minimum duration of 2 years before your application; a marriage certificate will normally suffice to prove the validity of your union. However; if you are unmarried you will need to co-sign an affidavit to confirm that your relationship is exclusive and permanent. Evidentiary proof of your cohabitation will also be required - joint financial bills should suffice.
The life partner visa is very similar to the spousal visa but makes allowance for same sex partnerships. It's important to know and understand that you don’t have to be married to get a life partner visa, as proof of the relationship will under most cases be sufficient enough for permit issuance when submitting your application.
If partners can satisfactorily prove that the relationship has been in existence for five years or more, the non resident partner can then apply for a permanent residency permit.
Generally speaking a Partner visa is usually issued for a period of up to 24 months, after which you will need to prove that the relationship or the marriage still exists. If you are unable to prove this fact wihtin the first five years of permit issuance, failure to do so can lead to the revocation of your Life Partner visa. Divorce or dissolution of the relationship after five years will not disallow the candidate's right to live in South Africa.
Generally speaking if you have successfully applied for and received a Work Permit under normal circumstances your spouse or life partner will be issued with a residency permit (temporary) valid for a period of no more than three years. He/she won't be permitted to take employment without securing a work or businesspermit for themselves.
If you need advice or require help with your Partner Visa application please contact Initiate Immigration on +27 (0) 21 488 9800 or via email: